0 Flares 0 Flares ×
Five Ideas for Re-purposing Unused Items
You undoubtedly have some items in your home that you’d like to get rid of or you’re having trouble finding a use for. Rather than throwing them out, consider repurposing them. Here are a few ideas for inspiration:
- Turn an old dresser into a kitchen island: Do you have a beat-up old dresser that’s currently an eyesore? Dress it up with some bright new paint, and then put it in your kitchen. You’ll suddenly have a new surface for preparing food, as well as a colorful accent piece.
- Use that old door as a table or desk surface: Just pick up some table legs from IKEA or order some online, attach them to the door, and now yo’ve got a cool repurposed workspace.
- Convert a wooden ladder into a bookshelf: Attach the ladder to the wall horizontally. The ladder frame will support the bottom of your books, the rungs will serve as dividers, and the wall itself will keep the books from falling off.
- Make a rack out of a wood shutter: Attach the shutter to the wall, and the slots will be perfect for organizing your envelopes and mail. Add hooks for keys and clothespins to attach other objects.
- Add a chalkboard surface to a coffee table: This is a great one for the kids. Get some chalkboard spraypaint from a home improvement store, and use it on your old coffee table. It’s the perfect play surface for Legos, action figures, and more.